Tommy Spaulding Companies
Tommy Spaulding is an author, speaker and leadership expert that focuses on transforming lives and organizations, by teaching others to live, love and lead differently. Tommy has two New York Times best-selling books, The Heart Led Leader and It’s Not Just Who You Know. Tommy speaks globally and conducts Leadership Retreats, training and programs throughout the year, as well as operating two not-for-profit companies that benefit a wide spectrum of diverse youth.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and executing a strategic communication plan to grow and reinforce brand awareness and expand revenue opportunities through attracting potential customers and community members and retaining existing ones for all TSC and TSLI entities, including Tommy Spaulding Companies, Tommy Spaulding Leadership Institute, National Leadership Academy, Heart-Led Leader Retreats and Global Youth Leadership Academy.
- Establish Tommy Spaulding as a leadership expert and secure placement of his thought leadership through social and traditional media platforms.
- Develop, manage & execute Leadership Changing Lives PODCAST.
- Ensure all social media, email marketing and other initiatives are calibrated to grow digital footprint.
- Collaborate with the team in developing short and long-term marketing strategies and other initiatives necessary to support continual growth of sales.
- Keep brand identity clear and up to date; maintain brand guidelines to ensure all internal and external communication/materials are consistent in look, feel, terminology.
- Spearhead new products and initiatives from market research to ideation to go-to-market.
- Review and develop all content before delivery through our channels and third-party channels.
- Provide all marketing collateral needed for effective brand messaging and programing.
- Manage the development of all digital, print and multi-media assets.
- Manage marketing budget and timelines.
- Oversee the work product and use of auxiliary technology such as: Call Fire, WordPress, Adobe Cloud, Canva, Libsyn (Podcast Hosting).
- Evaluate & attain potential partner relationships and sponsorships.
- Identify national magazines, industry magazines and newspapers to gain national exposure.
- Build and manage Tommy Spaulding (and NLA/GYLA) websites.
Skill Sets and Competencies
- Thorough understanding of branding principles and tactics through traditional and new media.
- Proven ability to oversee all marketing, communication and promotional activities.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and achieve priorities within tight timelines.
- Entrepreneurial, self-driven, persuasive, results-oriented personality.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- High competency with social media and building national brand.
- Passionate and familiar with social media platforms and trends.
- Technologically savvy; ability to work with Microsoft Office and Adobe Suites.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism or communication.
- A minimum of five years of marketing and communications experience.
- Desire to positively impact the life of others.
- Desire to keep learning and stay up to date on industry trends.
- Self-starter who is disciplined to work from home.
Supervisors: Vice President, Tommy Spaulding Companies & Executive Director of Tommy Spaulding Leadership Institute
Direct Reports: None
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: 50+ hours weekly
Work Environment: Work from home / home office with local team meetings
Location: must be based in Denver, Colorado (Metro Denver area)
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE EMAIL A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO PAUL WHITAKER AT PAUL@TOMMYSPAULDING.COM